Please make sure you have completed everything on this checklist before you leave home.
As soon as possible:
- Have you paid full fees for your tuition and insurance (if applicable)?
- Have you applied for your accommodation and paid full fees (if applicable)?
- Do you require an airport pickup? If so, have you inform your arrival details to your advisor or Uni.me administration team?
- Have you checked your passport is valid for at least six months from your course start date?
- Have you applied for and received your visa?
One or two weeks before you leave for New Zealand:
Do you know your airline’s luggage allowance and have you packed accordingly?
When you are packing:
Have you packed all relevant original documentation or certified copied listed below?
- Uni.me offer letter
- Medical certificate (if required)
- IELTS certificate (if applicable)
- Any other original documents/transcripts listed in your offer letter, for example your high school certificate including translation (if originals are not in English). You will need these to register and enrol on your course and to extend your visa in the New Zealand.
- Passport and visa
Registering on your course
You will be expected to be presented at 9am on your first day. If you have not paid your full tuition
and accommodation fees, you will need to do so before you are able to register.
You will need the following documentation on your first days:
- Passport and visa
- All payment receipts(soft copy is acceptable)
- Academic transcripts( original and translated into English) and certificate (soft copy is acceptable)
- Evidence of English proficiency (if applicable)
- Confirmation of offer letter
- Contact details for your NZ residence, including mobile telephone number(Homestay address)
English language testing
Upon arrival all students except for those who already have IELTS over 5.0 will take an English
language test to place you in the correct class for you language level.